- Taize Night (Saturday February 23rd 7:00 PM) – Evening prayer in the manner of the community of Taize
On a hill in southern France, there is an ecumenical monastic community called Taizé. It is a community of brothers that have opened their doors to the world as an act of hospitality. People – young and old – from all over the world flock to Taizé to be with the brothers – to pray, to listen, to be simple, and to be faithful. They come seeking the space – both external and internal – to meet God.
It is our hope to bring to you what the brothers in France offer through our Taizé night – an evening of contemplative singing and praying, where we hope to listen to God in a meditative manner. As we gather, we will sing several beautiful songs with simple words. The words to the songs are sung many times in a meditative manner to allow the reality of our faith in our Lord to gradually penetrate our whole being. For just a brief period on this night, we will push our hectic lives aside and touch eternity in God’s presence to listen to Him. Everyone is invited to take part in a time of prayer together and to remain together in attentive waiting on God.
Example of Taize music:
MARK THE FOLLOWING EVENTS ON YOUR CALENDAR!
– More info to come on following events
- Shrove Tuesday – Pancake supper – March 5th 5:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Ash Wednesday Service – March 6th at 7:00 PM
- Life Worth Living – A 6 week course based on Philippians
– Saturday mornings at 10:00 AM starting March 2nd
- Maundy Thursday Service April 18th 6:00 PM
- Good Friday April 19th 11:00 AM
- Making Palm crosses – Saturday April 12th at 10:00 AM
- Easter Sunday April 21st